Thursday, September 30, 2010

number four

This semester I’m taking a beginning French class.  When I signed up for the class it wasn’t because I really wanted to learn how to speak French, I mean, I did and I do, but I wasn’t really excited to be doing so.  It was more so the fact that I am required to learn a language and I didn’t want to take more Spanish.  So, I went into the class not really knowing what to expect, and knowing how to speak no French and came out of my first class really excited to learn French.  Not because I realized that I’m some sort of French ace, or that I fell in love with the language, but because of how excited my French professor was about all of us learning how to speak it.  I can tell how much she wants us to understand and how excited she is whenever any one of us makes any sort of small accomplishment.  I think that if my professor had turned out to be some sort of French dictator/authoritarian-type professor, my view and attitude about that class would be completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment